Last Updated: September 2020
For a detailed list of the cookies used on this website, please read and review our Cookie List found here.
A (http) cookie is a small file with a unique identifier that is transferred to your browser through our Services. Cookies allow us to operate our Services, remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use our Services, to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third-party sites and applications), and for security purposes.
Types of Cookies
- First and Third-Party Cookies. We use both first-party and third-party cookies on our Services. Whether a cookie is 'first' or 'third' party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by Zenimax.com). Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session Cookies. These cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
We use Necessary, Functional, Analytics and Performance, Targeting and Social Media cookies.
- Necessary (Essential). These cookies are necessary for the Services to function properly and cannot be switched off in our systems. Without these cookies, we cannot respond to your requests or provide you with the services your request or access on this website. For example, we use these cookies to remember information you have entered on forms during a web browser session; to identify you as being logged into our website; for security purposes; and to route users to specific applications or specific servers. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but if you block them, certain parts of this website or the Services may not function properly or be available to you.
- Analytics and Performance. These cookies collect information about how you use our Services—e.g., which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. They allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our websites and Services. For example, they help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the website. Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited this website and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional. These cookies enable us to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. For example, we use these cookies to remember settings you've applied, such as language, to provide and show embedded videos and content, and to make available certain other features. Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, including by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then certain features on this website may not be available or function properly.
- Targeting. These are third-party cookies that allow us to better reach you with relevant ads and content—both on our Services and on third-party websites, apps and online services—and to measure and improve our advertising and marketing. These cookies enable third-party companies to track your visits to our websites and the Services, as well as other websites, apps and online services, which they use to understand your interests and activities in order to provide you more relevant ads and content on behalf of us and other companies. If you do not allow these cookies, you will still see ads and targeted content, but they may be less relevant to you.
- Social Media. These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the website to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks, log in to our Services, better reach you with relevant ads and content on these third-party platforms, or otherwise make certain features available to you on our Services. Similar to targeting cookies, they may enable these third-party companies to track your visits to our websites and access to the Services, as well as other websites, apps and online services, in order to understand your browsing activities and interests. Some of these third-party social media companies may make available certain privacy options to you with respect to their services; you should check their respective privacy policies for more information. If you opt out of these cookies, you may not be able to use social features on this website.
You may opt-out of certain cookies or change your cookie preferences for this website as described below.
Our Websites and Online Games. You can review or change your preferences for most third-party cookies and tags on this website (or other ZeniMax websites) by adjusting your Cookie Settings for the respective websites.Cookie Settings
Please note that your preferences are applied on a browser and device basis. So, you will need to set your cookie preferences for each browser and device you use to access this website and the associated Services. Further, if you subsequently delete cookies, your preferences may be lost and need to be reset.
You may also delete, block, or disable one or more cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this.
Mobile Games and Apps. Some of our mobile games and apps may include third-party advertising and analytics. You can review, change and opt out of targeted advertising from third parties in our mobile games by adjusting your device privacy settings. This means that you will no longer get targeted ads; however, you may still receive contextual or general ads.
- For iOS devices, you can turn on the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (go to Settings>Privacy>Advertising and select/toggle on Limit Ad Tracking).
- For Android devices, turn on “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting (go to Settings > Privacy > Advanced > Ads and select/toggle on Opt out of Ads Personalization)
In addition, certain of our mobile games include analytics and related personalization that can opt out of through an in-app settings for that game (you can access this setting from the main menu of such mobile games).
How to Delete and Block Our Cookies through Browser Settings
You may delete, review and block cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, if you block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our Services.
Please see the links below for more information on how to manage cookie settings for certain bowsers:
Manage Cookies in Your Browser.
- Firefox | “Private Browsing” and managing cookie settings: learn more
- Chrome | “Incognito” mode and managing cookie settings: learn more
- Internet Explorer | “InPrivate” mode and managing cookie settings: learn more
- Safari | “Private Browsing” and managing cookie settings: learn more
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org. For UK users, information on the International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom CC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website: International Chamber of Commerce UK - Digital Economy.
For more information about how third-party cookies are used for targeted advertising and how to opt out of certain third-party advertising related cookies, please go to these self-regulatory advertising industry organization websites:
- U.S.: Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choice Page and Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out
- Canada: Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada's Opt-Out Tool
- European Union: European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on the Services, Google Analytics code is supplemented by "gat._anonymizeIp();" to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (also called IP-masking).
Click here to see a list of cookies on this website.
Mobile Applications. We may use the following in our mobile games:
|Third-Party Tool||Purpose/Category||More Info and Choices|